Monday, August 23, 2021

Design Wall Monday 8.23.2021

Over the weekend, I decided to start the August Color Clock Quilt, Back to the Garden. When I saw the design, I immediately thought about red centers with blue geese/ blue centers with red geese. I also thought about brown centers with yellow/gold geese...more like a sunflower. Two years ago, by my house was a sunflower field. It was such a joy to see!

In any event, I had one red center left so I made the flying geese to 'see it'. In the pattern, Debbie calls for half square triangles but I felt like flying geese would be an easier make for me. 😍 hmmmm...


Most of my blue blenders have been used so I used a few fabrics that have white in them. Here are the parts for the sawtooth star (finishes at 16 inches in the quilt)


Here are the six that I made this morning plus the test block.




My red fabric is in the same shape as my blues. I'll need to add a few that have white in them.

1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love sawtooth stars, and those are really fun with the alternating blue or red 16 patch centers! I think I would rather make flying geese for the points, too. :) Those stars are going to make a beautiful quilt!