Friday, August 20, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 8.20.2021

As I was working on Mary's Forest Bricks pattern, I was thinking this quilt needed another name. It's like a pink explosion... so maybe...

Pink Cobblestones? No...not right....

Pink Pavers? Yes...I'm liking this more...

Here's where I left off on Wednesday night.


I did move the larger section off the wall, picked up the fallen blocks and added two more rows to be sewn on. Right now, Pink Pavers is about 54 x 72. I basted around the perimeter of the flimsy to help hold all those seams together. This one is going in the pile to percolate. I was a little wiser and added about 1/2 yard of the blue background with it. 😍


pattern credit: Mary's Forset Bricks

note to self: three-sies are 2.5 x 2.5 squares
                    background cut 2.5 x 6.5 inches

I had brought these two fabrics on different occasions. The white really didn't match my other white even though in the store it looked good. Then I was so excited to find the blue on the sale rack that I got a yard. One problem...it's sparkly so it's a NO for QOV. Perhaps I could use the back of the fabric? After all, we do pay for both sides of the fabric...just saying!


I remember Bonnie posting that she was making 12.5 unfinished star blocks for Covered in Love's current drive. So I thought I'd make a few star blocks. After the first block, I panicked and doubled checked the Covered in Love's requirements. I didn't see anywhere to exclude sparkly fabric. Whew!


The balance of the stars from the one yard of blue.


pattern credit: wonky meets floating star...Pat's style

I'm not sure if I'm going to make a few red/white stars or not. This block drive ends August 31, 2021. I did check out the previous posts and the quilts made with these stars are set 5 x 6 blocks...

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop! Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pink Pavers is fun! I like that block - will have to file it away for future reference! I definitely think you could use the "wrong" side of that sparkly fabric instead of the right side, but it works beautifully for the CiL stars.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Pink Pavers - too cute - and what a fun name!

Bonnie said...

Pink Pavers is a great name. I'm trying to be more creative in naming my quilts ala Preeti who does a great job at naming hers. Thanks for making some blocks for Covered in Love. It's a worthwhile project and it so much easier to mail a few blocks then to make a whole quilt. Hope mine reach her soon as I mailed them earlier this week.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love Pink Pavers. That star blocks will be perfect.