Friday, August 13, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 8.13.2021

 OH NO!

💚 Happy Friday the 13th! Hope all your luck is Good Luck! 💚

I have two Whoop! Whoop!'s this week and 'NOT' quilts finished for Finish or Not Friday.

First up:

I finished piecing the slanty Happy Blocks and completed the top to a flimsy.


pattern inspiration: Mary's Happy Blocks
                                slanty blocks can be made following Sharyn Craig's Twist 'n Turn


                            or oversize the frames and cut down on the angle...this is 
                            what I did! and I still had a little trouble with the correct angle on 
                            a few of the blocks! <grin>                                        

Second up was a makeover of the Snowman calendar quilt. I decided to reduce the colorful borders and replace the outer border with the same grey as the sashing. First, (don't look if you have faint heart!) I cut the extra off. Yup, measured 2.25 inches from the sash and WHACK!


Don't worry, the extra didn't go to waste! I made binding!


The makeover...I'm liking it much better now! 💜


pattern inspiration: blocks: Bonnie Hunter here

6 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love your bright, slanty Happy Blocks. Perfect for a youngster.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh yes on the change to the panel quilt borders! The gray outer border is great, and the colorful part you cut off will be perfect for binding. And your slanted happy blocks quilt is fun as can be!

KatieQ said...

The slanty Happy Blocks are really fun. I've made the blocks before, but never though of using a wonky setting. It makes the quilt more interesting than the standard framed squares.

Cathy said...

What a neat I Spy quilt. So colorful! I've made lots of Happy Block quilts but never a slanty one. Maybe because I don't like trimming???

grammajudyb said...

I really want to do Happy Blocks! And now I want to do them all slants!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are both such happy finishes!! the Happy blocks all topsy truvey like that are awesome!! and love the snowman calnder quilt!!!