Saturday, August 28, 2021

SoScrappy Saturday 8.28.2021

Today is the fourth and last! Saturday of August of teal.  This month I decided to concentrate on browns and blacks. Today is my crumb day. I used up just about all my black and almost black crumbs in July when I made my jacket.


I started out with an innocent looking pile of browns.


Over the course of a few days, I had whittled the pile down and I pieced a few of the smaller pieces together to make 'seeds or starters' for the next round of brown crumb block construction.


Wonder how many I made? Feast your eyes on 72 : 6.5 inch crumb blocks! 

When I got to 36, I was wondering if I could fill the other side of the design wall. 

Silly me, the answer was YES!!!


pattern credit: crumb blocks : public domain

Linking up with SoScrappy.  

I hope we hear today what September's color prompt will be...

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow, that was some prolific stitching! I love all those brown blocks - think of the possibilities! And the black blocks used for a jacket is genius!

scraphappy said...

So many pretty shades of brown! What a delicious looking collection of chocolate.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at you go! Those are so pretty - just like Angela said, they look delicious! Do you have plans for them?