Wednesday, August 18, 2021

WIP Wednesday 8.18.2021

I finished piecing the Happy Blocks to a flimsy.


pattern credit: Mary's Happy Blocks

Note to self: blocks: 6.5 inch novelty
                     frames: 2.5 x 6.5 inches
                                  2.5 x 10.5 inches

In my novelty box, I also found a few leftover blocks. The top row I believe were made by my friend, Linda a few years back. I'm not really sure about the teapot block...


pattern credit: top row: MQSC Keyhole Quilt
                       bottom row: ????

realized that I didn't have enough variety in either hearts, flowers or pink to continue with the same pattern. I decided to deconstruct the blocks and use the pieced centers with a plain background on either side. I made a few more strip sets of three-sies and set to sew them together.


After a few hours, here is my progress... 

Oh wow! It's like pink explosion....who would have guess?  NOT ME!


pattern credit: Mary's Bricks

note to self: strip sets...2.5-2.5-2.5 inch strips, subcut: 2.5 inches
                    background: 2.5 x 6.5 inches

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great looking quilt and other projects too!