Monday, August 2, 2021

Design Wall Monday 8.2.2021...

...late edition!

I went to my second in person quilt guild meeting...oh boy! I definitely sat on my hands and keep my remarks to myself! I think I need to attend a few more meetings to get a good reading on their happenings and expectations!

In the meantime, I worked on the motorcycle panel I volunteered to make for the  FB QOV Working Stars group.

I took Little Penguin's advice and went with the pattern that required less math: Modified Sidelights.

Here was the hard calculations, getting the panel to fit with the Poppy Stars (method 1 or method 2).


I then needed to add some length.


One more border and it will be approximately 62 x 83 before quilting.


pattern credit: inspiration: Sidelights
                      method 2 using a tube method. with a specialty ruler

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks great, Pat! I don't think you avoided all that much math, though. 😉 The additional red, white, and blue borders are really striking!

Sherrill said...

Ooo I LIKE that!! I'm so intimidated by panels (though I really want to do something with them) that I joined a panels FB group! So far, I haven't seen anything REALLY inspiring but I'll stick with it awhile.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THis is GORGEOUS!!!