Monday, March 28, 2022

Design Wall Monday 3.28.2022

I knew this time would come when I would run out of pre-made blocks. I still have plenty of 'spare parts' though! I set up another banquet table on the right hand side of Baby so I could 'see' the 'spare parts'. I did work on ironing and cutting down the 'spare parts', hopefully stream lining the process. 


This is the current project I'm working on. This time the string units are going to be the sashing!


Here is the inspiration piece that I found on Pinterest. Once again, it is only an upload and no construction methods given.


I roughly figure that with the pre-made string blocks I found, I made 3.5 quilts (not including the backgrounds!) I have always wondered how many quilts are lurking in all my totes I have squirreled away in my sewing space... 

Spoiler Alert: Too Numerous To Count! LOL

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

Angie Update:

Angie and Brad became fast buddies. Here they are bringing in the mail.


Angie giving Brad the 'stink eye' for waking her up from a nap.


Angie back home in the 414 area code. 

Time will tell if she developed any bad habits while here. 😍

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your inspiration photo for this last string quilt! Are you going to have to make more color catcher blocks? Angie looks like a sweet dog - glad she got along well at your house.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love all the projects you are making with your strings!

Churn Dash said...

I love the idea of using the string units as sashing. I will let that one settle in my mind for a while.
It looks like you have an interesting project underneath the ironing board.
Helen

Rebecca Grace said...

That string sashing quilt is looking great! I love the idea of plain block "spacers" to give your eye a place to rest.