Saturday, March 26, 2022

SoScrappy Saturday 3.26.2022

I've been eyeing the 'Missing U' pattern by Cheryl Arkison from her book she wrote with Amanda Jean Nyberg 'Sunday Morning Quilts'. The main concept of this book is to make 'slabs' of fabric using larger pieces rather than crumbs. Since I ran out of yellow projects, I thought. 'Why not add another block to the RSC22 party'? I also had odd bits of white leftover from my Shout Chain Quilt.



Here is my yellow block.


I also played catch up with the red and aqua blocks. I did repeat a few of the fabrics in the aqua block to get to the 15.5 inch unfinished size. Looks like I repeated one of my yellow fabrics, too.


pattern: Missing U by Cheryl Arkison from Sunday Morning Quilts
                (see above)

Linking up with SoScrappy Saturday

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

I've always eyed that slab pattern. What a fun way to start a new project. You got caught up in a hurry!

Mari said...

Oh, that's going to be a great quilt, and use up a lot of scraps. Love the yellow.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those blocks, too! They're going to make a great scrappy quilt!

grammajudyb said...

That is one of my favorite patterns from Sunday Morning Quilts. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress.

Vireya said...

Those blocks will make a gorgeous quilt.

Jenny said...

Very pretty blocks. I used to love Amanda Jean's blog and was so sorry when she closed it down.

Dorothy Wills said...

Fun that you're making the same quilt as I am! It's using up a lot of scraps!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that book! You really couldn't go wrong with any quilt in it. Cute YELLOW starter block, Pat! Nice catch-up work, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh that is going to be gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite quilts in the book, too! I'm making my second one and I'm sure yours will be bright and cheerful!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Definitely a favourite book of mine and I too was sad when Amanda Jean stopped blogging. Your blocks are fabulous!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great block choice for the RSC. So cheery in yellow.