Wednesday, March 30, 2022

WIP Wednesday 3.30.2022

My current project is moving along nicely. I decided that I didn't like the look of the lighter, different shade of gray I had on the design wall so I switched them out for one consistent darker shade of gray. I'm liking this look a lot more! I did decide to stick with the different red cornerstones as there is not a lot of variance in the tone. As per usual, I ran out of reachable room on the design wall so there will be one more row of sashing and cornerstones on the top.


I've actually started sewing this one from the bottom up. It works out well for me! I found that I have a habit of knocking blocks off the wall when I'm reaching for the taller portions. Now, when a row is complete, I pin it to the wall and it stays!  I think I used ALL the pins in the sewing space...LOL

Who would have thunk???? 


pattern inspiration: 

This setting did use all my pre-made string blocks. I have a bagful of the used Shout Color Catchers saved from before (like 2009 or so) to use as foundations so I set up a spare table and got to work.

As of last night, I have over 200 made and I still have a nice little pile of foundations to use. It's been a fun trip down memory lane with the older fabrics. Although I must admit, some I have actually no recollection of buying or using... I did trim all the string blocks to 4.5 x 8.5 inches.

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is pretty with the darker gray, and I love the red cornerstones! And great tip on sewing from the bottom up, too - I knock those lower blocks off, too! 🤣

Dorothy Wills said...

Wow it sure is going together quickly. The red and gray look nice with the scrappy colors.