Wednesday, March 9, 2022

WIP Wednesday 3.9.2022

I've made the paver blocks, the corner turner blocks and added an inner coping border. Just a few more paver blocks to go.


I'm liking where it's heading. 😍 I'll need to add a little something to the top and bottom to get it more rectangular.


 pattern inspiration: Sew Yummy's 'paver blocks'

In other happenings around the sewing space, I was long arming my last guild quilt in the current batch. I was really struggling with it when the top thread came out of the tension disk and I actually needed to un-pick a partial row. I got that done and fixed the thread path problem only to roll the quilt on the next quilting pass to discover this:


I was NOT a happy camper! When I looked closer, I realized my cut off threads had somehow gotten caught in the needle pick up and were sewn onto the quilt. WHEW! All I had to do was simply tug and cut (carefully) at the loose threads and the quilting was fine!! Thank Goodness! I was very very happy when I did the final pass on this one. In case you are interested in the front:


pattern: sewn by a member of the Casual Quilters...unknown pattern
panto: serpentine

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a neat design for your panel, Pat! I like the corner turning blocks. And we're all breathing a sigh of relief that the long-arm issue wasn't as big of a problem as you first thought!

Susan said...

Paver blocks for the border are perfect for this panel