Wednesday, March 16, 2022

WIP Wednesday 3.16.2022

My Shout Color Catcher string quilt went together fast! It sure does help having the 'parts' made! Just a side note: I saved my used Shout color catchers, gave them a press then used as foundation for the string blocks. I elected to leave the color catchers in the finished quilt. 



When I stitched the Shout Color Catcher blocks (so long ago), I didn't pay attention the the orientation of the fabrics. As a result, some motifs are vertical while others are horizontal. I sorted through the remaining blocks and pulled as many as I could find with a vertical orientation and began to set those into a top.


I was surprised when I was trolling Pinterest and I found another quilter had recently published a very similar quilt pattern in December  2021. Although I didn't use Allison's quilt pattern as inspiration, you can see it is very close indeed. Find Allison Ramsing's Majestic Scraps Quilt Pattern here.

Alycia released Stop Tossing...A Military Mystery Clue 5 today, I'll take a brief break from my String Adventure and piece Clue 5 in the coming days (or maybe today...<grin>)

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's looking great, Pat! Looks let it was really helpful to have those Color Catcher blocks all ready to go.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great idea!!
and it looks amazing!

Susan said...

What a great idea - the quilt is coming along nicely