Wednesday, March 23, 2022

WIP Wednesday 3.23.2022

I'm inching closer and closer on the Shout Color Catcher Chain quilt. I call it 'Shout Color Catcher' since I sewed the strings onto a used Shout Color Catcher as a foundation and I am leaving the foundations in the quilt.


Like my inspiration, I knew that I wanted the string blocks as the border. Something was still off to my eye. I decided that I wasn't grooving to the string chains with that extra float on the top. 

Sew...since I sacrificed width on it, I thought, 'Why not a little length?'. 

Ah, yes...I like this decision. 

It is a little fuller in the middle because of the bias but not to worry...

IT WILL QUILT OUT. 

Ha! Famous last words!


pattern inspiration: found here but no link to contraction methods used

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is another great design for your string blocks, Pat! I agree with your decision at the top. Is this quilt #3 with your color catcher blocks - you did make a lot of those!