Monday, March 21, 2022

Design Wall Monday 3.21.2022

I'm still at play, or is it work?, in the Shout Color Catcher string bin. Believe it or not, I'm still using blocks from my pile that I found! This time, I'm trying an on point set. To do this, I wanted the Shout Color Catcher block to be square. I settled on adding a piece of 4.5 x 8.5 inch white to the Shout Color Catcher block to bring the size to 8.5 inch square unfinished.


I really, really wanted it four blocks across for the width but I was not liking the 'strings' hanging out and didn't want to add another row to finish the chain. It would have grown too big! 

Sew...I settled on this. It will be a little smaller but much more pleasing to my eye.


I actually found this picture on Pinterest but it is merely an upload with no link to the construction of the quilt.


Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oooh -- I like it. I need to do some more with strings as, you guessed it, I have a LOT of them. What quilter doesn't! Did I miss a previous post where you mentioned why it is a Shout Color Catcher quilt? Hope all is well with you and yours.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is neat! I like your inspiration quilt, too. You're doing great with your color catcher blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thats adorable!