Friday, April 1, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 4.1.2022

No FOOLING! I have a Finish!

May I present to you: Quilt 4 in my Shout Color Catcher quilt series. I really like how this has an unexpected twist...the strings are the sashing and the plain larger squares for your eye rest.


 

pattern inspiration: found here on Pinterest
panto info: serpentine

I decided to join in on Bonnie Hunter's Hearts of Hope Sew-Along. Instead of paper piecing the blue heart tops, I merely cut 1.5 inch strips of various blues. I sewed the strips into groups of three for a 3.5 inch strata. I then sub-cut the strata into 3.5 inch units. I did the flip and sew of the top squares. Pressed and cut away the extra and sewed into the heart top units. The next step...yellow heart bottoms should be released sometime today!



5 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Fabulous color catcher quilt finish. I love the red squares with gray and other pops of color.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love Number 4!!! What a fun one
and I like the way you are doing the hearts - they will be pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Color Catcher Quilt #4 looks great, Pat! Do you have a favorite of the four? I really like this one! Good idea for making the hearts, too - that looks like it worked really well.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another super scrappy quilt finish, Pat!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

String sashing, great idea! Plus the red and gray are perfect together. Congrats!