Monday, April 18, 2022

Design Wall Monday 4.18.2022

Yesterday, DD and Angie headed back to the 414 (area code for Milwaukee) with a nice clean detailed car!

Here are DH, DD, Angie and the city girls' cleaned up ride!

and here the girls are ready to roll!

I headed back to the sewing room and picked up where I left off last week. I chose a darker red with black undertones for the sashing and a white with black and red vine-y motif for the cornerstones. First sash one side of the blocks.

Then I added the other sash with the cornerstone already sewn together. I went ahead and put the rows together when I finished sashing the blocks. I first remember seeing this way to sew sashing at Mary's blog, Making Scrap Quilts from Stash. 

I then changed the order of the bottom row...


I then moved a couple of rows around...


                        various Pinterest pins

                        sashing: Mary's Making Scrap Quilts From Stash

Right about now I felt like I was at the eye doctor...

A or B?  B or C?  A or C?  heck, I don't know...I just wanna see better!

It was time for a lunch break and a blog update but what did I see?  

A spring snow has arrived here at Bell Creek Quilts! No worries...tomorrow at this time we will be approaching 40 degrees and melting...


3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The red sashing is fabulous with your black, gray, and white blocks! Kind of looks like the view out your window... DD and Angie look like happy girls!

Mary Johnson said...

I like that red you’ve chosen for the sashing. I don’t particularly like to sash blocks in quilts but this is my favorite method when the quilt calls for it.

AnnieO said...

Great looking blocks. I like the way sashing looks but find it very tedious to sew. Snow in late April better be gone quickly!