Monday, November 27, 2023

Design Wall Monday 11.27.2023

Welcome Back! after my little blogging/sewing/quilting break.

I'm happy to report that I only had sore arms where I got my Covid and Shingles injections. No fever, no loss of appetite and no sleepiness. I was so planning on being sick!

I did however, gather my Christmas decorations and deck the halls. According to my Fitbit, I walked ten flights of stairs between the basement and the main floor of the bungalow. I only have the staircase garland to string. My husband needs to move the quilt cabinet and put the 7 foot (or did we buy an 8 foot?) tree together. LOL He's was out of town Thanksgiving weekend and he is currently out of town for round 2.

This is where I left my red/white project on Thanksgiving. I really should have post Friday but...

In honor of the Christmas season, I added green sashing and I had to be a little creative in the sewing. I thought I had enough and I just did. Barely! I pinned to try and line up the sashing but I did miss a little bit.

Do you think I added Christmas as the outer border? 

Surprise! I found this pretty rose print on the free table and thought it would work with the colors in this quilt. Again, I had a limited amount of the rose print so...3.5 inch cut borders it is! 

It is approximately 45 x 56 before quilting.


pattern: strips cut at 2.5 inches and quarter blocks made using tube method.
                4 sub blocks sewn together to make a 10.5 inch unfinished block.

Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

What a beautiful addition to the red/white blocks! It's turned out superb! Welcome back!