Saturday, November 11, 2023

SoScrappy Saturday 11.11.2023

I spent another day volunteering at the Quilt of Valor booth at the Original Quilting and Expo Show

I took a a couple pictures of the booth yesterday that I forgot to post. We were fortunate to have a large space and two 8 foot tables. One table was set up to gather Signature blocks for future Quilts of Valor and the other table was set up for our fabric fundraiser. Lynn, the Michigan coordinator, is gifted fabric. If the fabric is not suitable for QOV, she cuts it into 1/2 yards and asks for a goodwill donation of $1.00/cut. We had such a positive response that Lynn brought her cutting station to the show so our table was continually being refilled!

Lynn did award 5 Quilts of Valor today. I'm patiently waiting for Lynn to post to FB so I can 'steal' her picture of today's featured veterans...




Now for my RSC2023...Today is the second Saturday of November of assembly.

Here is my house neighborhood.

pattern: Debby Brown's Little Pink Houses

and here is my hut neighborhood. 

pattern: a cutting oops that I liked for the flat top roofs aka huts!

My neighborhoods are a little plain but this is all I am going to do with them. Well, besides the quilting...LOL

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Love the view of your 'booth'! What a great way to share the wonderful mission of QOV!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great booth for the show, and beautiful quilts there, too! I love how you put your neighborhoods together with the pretty blue. Sounds like you've had a busy week!

Jenny said...

Both the houses and huts looks great. Have you used up all the blocks you made?