Saturday, November 11, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday (on Saturday!) 11.11.2023

I volunteered all day at the Quilt of Valor booth at the Original Quilting and Sewing Expo yesterday and when I got home, I had forgotten to charge my laptop! 

Here is the check in area of the show.


Earlier in the week, I took the long arm for a test sew. I loaded up one of my leader/enders comfort quilts. I'm happy to report, the long arm is sewing really, really nice.  So far, so good! I went for yellows/florals as a little variety from the standard red, white and blue leaders and enders projects. 


pattern: variation of double four patch in barn raising set.
panto: serpentine

I also finished two placemats for Meals on Wheels using a few scraps of my Thanksgiving Gnome fabric.


pattern: variation of log cabin
                quilted as "Quilt As You Go"
                
The top one was a test and the lower one I like much better.
                specific: novelty cut at 4.5 in x 7.5 in
                               logs cut at 2.5 inches x length needed





4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love that quilt, and the placemats, too.

sue s said...

Oh, I forgot the show was this week! I live in
Ann Arbor and have been a few times before. I like your placemats.

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, my! That yellow quilt is breath-taking!!! Nice job. The placemats are a sweet pair to share!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are so great - That yellow quilt is wonderful - Glad your Longarm is stitching merrily along!!!