Monday, August 19, 2024

Design Wall Monday 8.19.2024

I do have a little something on my design wall this week.

Wednesday is Scrap Day Quilts at the Melon Patchers. I was asked to bring in a quilt with a pattern. uggghh. Lots of time, I just look at a quilt (Hello Pinterest and dead links) and adapt it to my needs/wishes/wants (???). Enter Friend 'K' who has a handful of green/purple 2.5 inch squares leftover from her chandelier quilt and wanted ideas to use them. I piped up 'Double 4 Patch' quilt. I was trying to explain but 'K' is a visual learner. 

So I found my Double 4 Patch blocks that I made as leader/enders in the winter.

I twisted and turned the blocks into a few different settings.

Trip Around the World:


All Diagonals the Same Way aka Streak of Lightening:

This setting is like a Chevron:


or X's and O's:


I also started another Slab quilt Splash from the Sunday Morning book by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison. I blogged about my first one here that I gave to my brother last year during his hospital stay. This one will be orange with one blue block, the orange is in honor of the RSC color of the month!

Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.


2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Amazing what you can do with those double four patches! I like all the layouts!

Marsha Cooper said...

I really like the X's and O''s