Monday, August 26, 2024

Design Wall Monday 8.26.2024

I discovered this pin on Pinterest and followed it to a quilt called Blockworth Orange by Bittle Bear.


Upon further investigation, I found this picture on her website. It shows the quilt a little more.


I thought I could use my crumbs where the wacky nine patches are placed. But first, let's try and work the kinks out with 2.5 inch squares. Here are my 9 patches and my strip sets to make the bigger blocks. 

I'll share all my block size measurements once I figure it all out! LOL

I have a few holes to fill in and I'm not liking the blocks with the white/ orange chevron fabric so I am in the process of re-working those few blocks. I've been spending quality time with my seam ripper...

I swapped out the blocks that had the white/orange chevron and now I am liking it better! This was mentally exhausting as my supply of orange is dwindling and I didn't want same fabric touching.

Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday.


5 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is one very cool design. Along with becoming good friends with Jack, I hope you are enjoying the process. It's going to be terrific.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is going to be very cool!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Isn't that pretty?! I love all the orange. Such a great way to use up your little pieces!

Delighted Hands said...

Nice progress on working our an idea!

Marsha Cooper said...

I'm using my scrap challenge colors and making crumb blocks this year. I probably won't take part next year, or will have to just do colors I do have as I'm using all of some of the colors.