Saturday, August 31, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 8.31.2024

Today is the fifth Saturday of the color orange.

Time for my Meals on Wheels place mats. The shape for the Table Scraps challenge is baskets this month. Ummm...orange baskets. Okay - lets give it a whirl.

I found this one on Pinterest:

I also found a fun basket weave block on Quilter's Cache at this link.

So in my first basket I wanted to include flowers. It seems logical to me.

ummm...no, I wasn't liking this one. So I swapped out plain for the flowers. I also ran out of one oranges for the basket weave so I substituted a plain orange into the basket.

I like these four better but the weave baskets are my favorite. I went ahead and added background to reach the desired place mat size for Meals on Wheels and finished them up.




pattern inspiration: picture from Pinterest and Quilter's Cache Basket Weave block
quilting: squiggly lines on my domestic machine (Baby Brother)

Sharing today with SoScrappy Saturday and

and Joy at Table Scraps.


12 comments:

Deb A said...

Those came out really nice! Great job with the basket challenge.

Sara said...

OMG - the baskets made just the cutest placemats. What a clever idea!

Delighted Hands said...

Absolutely beautiful baskets!!! Nice job on these, for sure!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are fun basket blocks! I like the woven design, and the way you added the triangles at the bottom to get a better basket shape. These made beautiful placemats!

Cathy said...

Wow, those baskets are simply adorable!!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great job simplifying the pattern for quick piecing. A lovely fall treat for you Meals on Wheel patrons.

Jenny said...

Pretty baskets. I've always wanted to do a basket quilt using a simple pieceed, not appliqued basket. One day perhaps.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Darling basket placemats and I love the quilting design you chose for finishing them!

Susie H said...

You did a GREAT job! Those placemats are beautiful and the Meal on Wheels recipients will smile when they see these.

Judy S. said...

How nice of you to make placemats for Meals on Wheels! They are so pretty and the recipients will love them. I sure do!

LA Paylor said...

such adorable baskets... hard to choose a favorite. the first one appeals to me and the very plain ones at the bottom do too
LeeAnna

Anonymous said...

Pat, your basket placemats are lovely. The squiggly lines for quilting enhanced the basketweave look.
Jane in Australia