Saturday, August 24, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 8.24.2024

Today is the fourth Saturday of August of the color orange. Normally I would write about the Meals on Wheels/ Table Scrap challenge but Joy is waiting until next Saturday (the fifth one!) to post the link. So today is my bonus project, the Orange Splash quilt. I pieced orange as the main color because, well, I had ALL the orange out, so why not? 


pattern inspiration: Splash in Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg
                                            and Cheryl Arkison
panto: serpentine

Sharing today with SoScrappy Saturday.



4 comments:

Sue said...

This is so great! I totally love all piecing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is fabulous, Pat! You had a lot of orange to use up. It turned out great!

Delighted Hands said...

I'm glad you kept a bit of blue to contrast with the orange colors! Beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE your ORANGE Splash quilt, Pat!! Did you follow the directions or wing it (like I did with my Grape Splash last year?) Mine is STILL not done, but I did pull some purples to take to retreat this weekend. I decided that building a somewhat scrappy quilt back would be a low-stress venture.