Wednesday, August 14, 2024

WIP Wednesday 8.14.2024

Casual Quilter's QOV #10 made it to the binding stage!


 Today is UFO Day at the MelonHeads...as of yesterday, I had not worked on anything other than the QOV's. Last Thursday at Casual Quilter's I picked up a baggie from the free table that had 4 Patch Posies and a little yardage of the original material. Hummm, this is a UFO although it belongs to some one else.

Here are the 4 Patch Posie blocks. There are 20 already made. These are made a whole lot better than I make blocks! Very even and flat!


I pulled a few go-withs. The Japanese ladies will be the backing fabric.  You can 'see' the original fabric all the way on the right.

I made quick frames ala Happy Blocks except the 4 Patch Posies started at 6.5 inches,


The sewing into the top went pretty fast and I added partial original fabric/black borders. I wish I would have calculated my borders better but It Is What It Is...


She took a spin on DD (Dinosaur Diva) at the dinner hour and will need her binding done before the meeting, which starts at 10:00 am. Luckily Hubby was at a dinner work function so I didn't take a break to make him dinner. I went to Wendy's for a Apple Pecan Chicken salad and a mini berry Frosty. 

I did make it! LOL Before the meeting I pieced, ironed and sewed the binding on...

Here is the front.


pattern: modified Happy Blocks 
                (start with 6.5 inch square, first two frames are cut at 2.5 x 6.5 inch,
                    second frame cut at 2.5 x 10.5 inches)
panto: serpentine

Here is the back. It's almost as fun as the front. LOL


Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers.


3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Bravo! What a great rescue; from baggie to beautiful in a speedy minute!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those 4 patch posie blocks are so interesting! What a great way to rescue these orphan blocks and make them into a beautiful quilt. I love that green dot - I would rescue that all by itself!

Jenny said...

That looks great, and double sided foo.