Wednesday, August 21, 2024

WIP Wednesday 8.21.2024

 I finished the Double 4 Patch: Trip Around the World in plenty of time to take to the Scrap Lecture/Show and Share at the Howell Melon Patchers. I still have quite a few of these blocks so I have more yellow/flower quilts in my future. I bound it in a medium blue even though it looks darker in the picture.


pattern: Double 4 Patch
panto: trailing vine

I worked on my Splash from the Book Sunday Morning Quilt book by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison. I decided to make orange as the main color and blue as the contrast. Oh no! My math seems to be a little off...I wanted to make this quilt a little smaller than the directions in the book.


I made a few adjustments and now the columns line up. Trust me... the columns are pretty close in length.


Our road is getting re-paved or rather re-asphalted. Monday the old was scraped off. Today I hope they will put more rocks down and Thursday put the first layer of asphalt on.







4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Trip Around the World quilt is beautiful, Pat! Your friends are going to love it. I like the look of Splash, too. Blue and orange are good colors together - Denver Broncos fans know this! :)

Delighted Hands said...

The yellow/blue quilt is incredible; nice work. The orange and blue splash is going to be stunning; I love that color combo!

Bonnie said...

I like the yellow and blue 4 patch. I'm trying to decide on a quilt and the 4 patch is in the running, so to speak.

Susan said...

Love your yellow double four patch. Easy and impressive!