Monday, February 15, 2021

Design Wall Monday 2.15.2021

 I have another QOV on the design wall.

On Saturday, I left off with only the top and bottom left to do. I wasn't sure that I wanted to have the plaid meet up as it is a bit wonky looking.


Indeed, on Sunday, I decided to use the red as cornerstones.


pattern credit:  MSCQ Ribbon Stars
                        Lisa Sutherland's Scrap Stars and Strips

Yes, Lisa's pattern has directions to set the 'jelly roll race' both horizontally and vertically. I just wish I had brought the kit pattern that had the strips slashed and twisted, shown below. I'm not even sure of the quilt name! Picture from Pinterest...



I am working up another set of stars, my take on wonky stars. Now to decide on a color way. I definitely like the way red pops against the each background. Right now, I'm leaning towards the blue background...traditional and predictable! LOL


pattern credit: QOV Wonky Stars 
                        alternate wonky stars direction

5 comments:

Sara said...

Wonderful use of the jelly roll strips and the stars for your QOV. Love your ideas here.

Bonnie said...

Your jelly roll quilt looks great. I don't think I've seen your layout nor the possible twisted one -- which is way cool. Nothing wrong with traditional -- blue with red stars looks great to me.

AnnieO said...

The cornerstones add a lot to the design. Looking very good.

Judy S. said...

Nice! Someone will love it!

Quiltpiecer said...

Great QOV quilt. Yes, someone is going to love it.