Thursday, February 18, 2021

What Would You Do? 2.18.2021

 I was making my wonky stars to use in this pattern, I Stand by Lisa Sutherland.

Only I didn't have enough 3.5 inch x WOF to complete the pattern. So I thought, why not use my 2.5 inch strips jelly roll race style? I seem to be in a rut, lol! I made the strip sets then set the wonky stars in the strip sets, trying to visual 'how' it would look when chopped apart.



It was looking like a hot mess to me! 

Sooooo, I thought what if I put the stars at the end of the strip sets and alternated the star ends. I was hoping since my eye was resting in the blue background of the stars...that would cause my eyes to travel back and forth across the quilt.  



Here's what I did. I started at the bottom of the quilt and wouldn't you know? I sewed the first part reversed. I decided to leave it (read: not to rip it out and resew it). The wonky stars are just on the opposite ends...There are a few 'things' I would change but overall, I'm happy with it. 

Can you believe that I still have 2.5 inch strips in the baggie?!




pattern credit: inspiration: Lisa Sutherland's I Stand
                                            QOV Wonky Stars
                                            alternate wonky stars

No comments: