Wednesday, October 4, 2023

WIP Wednesday 10.4.2023

I decided to work on the quilt with the crumb ghosts.

I'm not really 'sure' where I saw this layout but I wanted to give it a go. I first tried white next to the orange but I thought it was a little too stark. Also I wanted the white ghosts to stand out. 

Not really liking this so I had a tan-ish brown on the cutting table that was never put away, so why not?


I like this much better. On a side note, I did make the adjustment so the three little ghosts would be in the middle of the row but...I shifted the start of the row and now the three little ghosts are off set!


Ghost pattern found here.

I am grooving to the dogs in costumes but wished one dog had a ghost costume! The white dog picks up the little ghosts.

Today was a short day at the Melon Patchers Guild meeting, so I was able to quilt my ghosts today! Check out this backing. It was perfect and I think it must have been in the stash a very long time. The selvages were about 3/8 of an inch! So small!!

As a bonus, I have enough of the Halloween dogs and the purple backing to make a few placemats!

Sharing with Susan at MidWeek Makers.



4 comments:

Claire said...

Those are cute ghosts! And I remember narrow selvages. Miss them.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's so cute! Your crumb ghosts turned out great! And I love the dogs in Halloween costumes, too. That's a fun one, Pat!

Delighted Hands said...

Aren't you clever!!! This turned out to be very cute!

Susan said...

Perfect choice!