Monday, October 23, 2023

Design Wall Monday 10.23.2023

I'm starting my week out with a finish! This used a few orphans from the parts department...the only 'new' blocks are the Ohio Stars. Now I just need to label the three MelonHeads' Veterans quilts and they will be ready to go onto their forever homes.


pattern: top row:     Flags for Sue. The directions are no longer available online but
                                    I have a picture for you! The pattern was originally a block
                                    drive from Alycia.

    
                left column:        2019 QOV Block Drive block (I cut my star points at 4.0 
                                                                                               inches)
                middle column:  Paper Pinwheels from Quilter's Cache  
                right column:      Ohio Stars from Quilter's Cache
panto: serpentine

I also pulled out a 3 yard quilt to work on. This is inspired by Fabric Cafe's Roman Holiday found in her Quick As A Wink pattern book.



8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your orphan block quilt turned out wonderfully! I made some flags for Sue (and sent to Alycia) way back when. They're such a great flag block! Have fun with your new project!

Sara said...

The orphan blocks made a wonderful Quilt of Valor. Our QOV group has a few orphan blocks that we need to use, and this gives me some ideas.

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful veteran’s quilt! You have a good eye for pulling orphan blocks together.

Judy S. said...


Awesome! I love it, and someone else will, too.

Delighted Hands said...

What a great use of the orphan blocks!!! You've done beautifully on turning it into a wonderful quilt.

Bonnie said...

Congrats on using some orphan blocks and getting another finished QOV quilt. I enjoy making the 3 yard quilts from Fabric Cafe. But I must say I always either buy more for a more robust binding or a bind it with another fabric. I have one cut out now waiting for me to make it. Hum, should I start it? (Er -- that would be a solid NO -- finish the quilts you've got spread out on the design floor and design wall!) Have a great week.

Marsha Cooper said...

I think the 3 yard quilt is what we do at the yearly event where we make them for the nursing homes.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That's an awesome one!!!