Friday, October 6, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 10.6.2023

I finished most of my small projects that I wanted to this week. Although I definitely veered from my original thoughts and path!

My first finishes were the placemats. I decided to use the leaf print in the center on point then add rounds in a Quilt As You Go method. After the piecing, I only needed to add the binding. I did mis-cut one but it's going into the donation rotation. Someone will love it for it's uniqueness! These placemats will go to the local Meals on Wheels program. These placemats have the potential to be very addicting!

pattern inspiration found here 

The second project was the Foster Child Bag. I had a few struggles with this one. I am definitely NOT a bag maker. It's done and ready to be gifted!


pattern: supplied by guild but 'reminds me of a Mondo bag without piecing'

My third project was The Three Little Ghosts. I was hankering to sew with some crumbs and then applique the shapes...call me crazy, right now! The result is my Three Little Ghosts quilt. I was going to donate this but it's so dang cute...I just might keep it!


pattern: original setting found on the internet somewhere but I failed to document it.
                If you recognize this set, please let me know in the comments.

            Little Ghosts templates found here.
panto: serpentine

Sooo...I made these three projects as examples of the Birthday Bash Challenge I am running for the guild this year. The challenge is to think about your Birthday Month and create 'something' that reflects your Birthday Month.  

Are you able to guess which Month my Birthday is in?! The Three Little Ghosts quilt definitely leaves NO DOUBT my Birthday Month!  

Spoiler Alert: Did you guess October? You are correct! :)




5 comments:

Preeti said...

Oh my goodness, these are the cutest ghosts I have seen. I want to make them right now!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy birthday month, Pat! The little ghosts make such a cute quilt - I can see why you'd want to keep it. The bag and those placemats are going to be loved by their recipients, too!

Jenny said...

That's the same as me, I was an October baby too! The ghost quilt looks cute. Sometimes I'm not always ready go give away my donation quilts and want to hang in o one or two, just in case. Or in your case, keep the ghosties and hang them on the wall during your birthday month.

Delighted Hands said...

Looks like a very productive and fun week! It's a good month for a birthday!

Judy in Michigan said...

I'm glad you kept it - perfect for your birthday month!! Happy Birthday!!!