Wednesday, October 18, 2023

WIP Wednesday 10.18.2023

 A few busy days, indeed!

I've sewed the binding onto the Woven Star quilt. I'm using a striped fabric for the binding.

pattern: Debby Brown Woven Star

I had a few 2.5 inch strips leftover from another project. So I thought I would cut 2.5 inch strip for Donna Jordon's Step Ladder pattern then sew the 'ends' into another jelly roll.

pattern: Donna Jordon Step Ladder

I combined a few of the orphan stars with the jelly roll and Ta-Da! I did make a few adjustments so the quilt fits the dimensions for the MelonHead's Veterans.



I looked into my QOV parts bin and look what I found!


patterns:     Flags for Sue - I first saw the pattern here but now it is a dead link in 
                                            the post.
                   2019 QOV Block Drive
                   Paper Pinwheels
                   Lemoyne Stars - Lemon Stars MQSC
                   




3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Great job! Isn’t it fun to use orphan blocks in a new project.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Wow, nice job using up leftover bits and making such a nice quilt. Well done.

Delighted Hands said...

I do like a striped fabric for binding--very pretty! The orphan stars look great with the jelly roll strips!!!!