Monday, October 16, 2023

Design Wall Monday 10.16.2023

Just when I thought I would be able to work on 'something' for me...I was reminded that my new guild is collecting quilts at the end of the month for their veterans program. This program varies from QOV as the quilts desired are smaller (52 x 72). I was also told that the WIC (Woman In Crisis) is out of children's quilts.

I decided that I would go into my red, white and blue bin and see what I could find. I was thinking about a top I made that wasn't quite big enough for QOV that might work for this program. I was lucky to find it and I had even added 'a little bit' to the top and bottom to make it work!


pattern: Debby Brown's Woven Star

I then found a few stars that were all cut out and ready to sew together. So, sew them, I did! The stars will be a good launching pad for this quick project.



                One change I made is that I cut my 'legs' at 4 inches square.

Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.


4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hum ... you are too good. Always making quilts to give away. Maybe you can squeeze in some "me quitting time" soon. Debby Brown's Woven Star is nifty.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The first quilt looks great as a QFV. You've got a good start on the next one. Then I suggest you take some 'me' time and make a quilt that you want to make for yourself. Happy stitching!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Woven Star is fantastic!

Delighted Hands said...

The Woven Star is stunning--nice to see you put it together for this need.
The orphan pieces will make a good quilt, too!