Monday, July 12, 2021

Design Wall Monday 7.12.2021

I decided to make a few blocks for the FB QOV Working Stars group, the Pinwheel Star. this star has more hst's so I'm only going to make a few. I have 9 made and I mis-sewed some (ripping required) then I'll have a few more to add to the count. I originally thought I made them wrong...reversed where the red spins...but I actually made them correct! I pretty much decided that I will use them in one quilt to be added to the group count instead of mailing the blocks to New Hampshire.



These directions were a little confusing to me so I searched Pinwheel Star (and Double Pinwheel Star) on Pinterest and found a few directions that were easier for me to understand. I did settle on this one and adjusted the tube method for the larger 6.5 inch sections.

pattern credit: 3 Color Pinwheel Star

1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great method for making the pinwheel blocks! I've never tried that before. Thanks for sharing!