Monday, July 26, 2021

Design Wall Monday 7.26.2021

I pieced and assembled the final border on my 'She Sells Seashell' quilt. I decided to try and cut the  borders the same length as the body of the quilt to try and reign in the fullness. Piecing the borders were relatively painless, just a bit cumbersome because of the length.


pattern credit: Debby Brown's She Sells Seashells

I 'knew' I was close on backing but I totally missed the mark. I went into the cupboard and found something that would work. Here is the backing before the final addition. If it's square it will be a miracle!


My piecing woes continued as I needed to add to my batting.


My next project is one I volunteered to do. The QOV Working Stars group needs Motorcycle Panel quilts for a September presentation and I said I would make one. I was sent the panel and now I need to create...

Idea 1: A modified Sidelights using the current star block.


Idea 2: Build around panel using the stars.


Idea 3: use a combination of leftover flag blocks and star blocks.


I'm leaning towards idea 1 as I think it will have the least math involved....LOL

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

She Sells Seashells is so pretty, Pat! I really like the border fabric. And your panel with the star blocks will be great. I go for the option with less math, too!