Monday, June 20, 2022

Design Wall Monday 6.20.2022

While searching for different ways to use crumb blocks I found Cathy at Sane, Crazy Crumby Quilting. She sews all sorts of amazing projects! I don't think she sleeps at all...LOL

I decided that I wanted to try and make churn dashes (or hole in the barn door) blocks with the center being the crumb block. Just as I had my first set of pieces laid out, Cathy posted this quilt!

I decided to keep the crumb centers light and the outer parts of the blocks dark with a lighter grey background. I'm going to concentrate on using the cooler colors....blue-green-purple...in this quilt.

Oops! Time for a little visit with Jack...


Thanks Cathy for all the sewing inspiration. I'm looking forward to putting my spin on your designs!

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great idea for your crumb centers, Pat! Cathy definitely has a ton of great ideas for quilt blocks - I usually want to make them all, lol! I was thinking of making a churn dash type border for a small embroidery block I'm making, too. It seems like that makes a nice frame.

Judy S. said...

Looks like another gorgeous quilt in the works! Thanks for posting on my blog.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a great use of crumb blocks. I think you're on to something wonderful here. And I sure like Cathy's quilt too. thanks for sharing.