Wednesday, June 8, 2022

WIP Wednesday 6.8.2022

I am continuing working through the blue bin. I actually have cut-offs from quilt backs from my early days of my quilting journey stashed away in this bin. I found a piece of chicken tracks that I believe I made the quilt in 2003 or 2004! It's way past time to strip it up (or is it down?!) and get it into a quilt for it's forever home!

This is where I started with the blue bin.


 After I made my navy/dark blue crumbs and then light/medium blue crumbs, I noticed I had a smattering of all shades/tones of blue. I decided just to sew 'willy nilly'. Here are my some of my starter 'seeds'.

I was able to make quite of few blue blocks that are a mixture of lights and darks.


I then pressed any fabric from the bin that was more than 15 inches long and cut it into 2.5 inch strips.


This is the pile that is going back into the bin.


Along with a baggie of teal.


Sew much room in the bin now! I did have two baggies of blocks I made that I'm not sure 'what' will happen with them. I'll stop thinking about them and of course, that is when an idea will form!


The 2.5 inch strips are piled on the cutting table, but I have a plan for them.

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

2 comments:

viridian said...

I like the picture of your crumb blocks on the design wall - great blues!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great collection of blocks!
and proof - that if we work as hard as you we CAN see the bottom!!!