Friday, June 24, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday

I sashed the crumb churn dashes (or are they hole in the barn door blocks?) and staggered the vertical rows. To make it a bit larger, I added inner and outer border of the background and a middle border of the various sashing fabric. 


I was debating leaving the corners as is...



I did decide that the corners would indeed bother me, so I ripped a little and switch the fabric placement around.



and the flimsy...I like it better and another block design to use up my over flowing crumb 'parts department'!


pattern credit: Goggle Search or Pinterest yield many tutorials on churn dash or 
                            hole in the barn door quilt blocks

                        Crumb inspiration from Cathy at Sane, Crazy Crumby Quilting


On the long arm front:

Doug the Gammill Guru was here yesterday. He fixed my rear encoder problem which was the root of all the problems. It merely needed to be shifted more towards the wheel to ensure good contact. We were definitely on the right track when we zip-tied it to the carriage! LOL. I also had Doug upgrade to the soft touch buttons and replace the rear Plus controller. The upgraded carriage wheels are on back order so they will be replaced once they arrive. Doug said I should be good for 5 years! 'God willing and the creek don't rise!' In 5 years, I hope my husband is retired and we are traveling. In the meantime...I have a few projects to long arm...

4 comments:

Debra said...

Beautiful fabrics in your quilt! Love that green.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is definitely a great way to use up crumb blocks! I really like the background fabric, too. I bet you'll be longarming up a storm now that your machine is fixed - have fun!

Judy S. said...

So pretty! I love seeing your quilts.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhhh I LOVE these blocks!! and the way you set them is awesome!!
Yay on the longarm - you are back in Action!!!