Friday, June 3, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 6.3.2022

I wish I would have gone with the 'NOT'!

I was last in my sewing space prior to DD's arrival and I was working on a Birthday placemat. I had pieced it but it needed a little bit of quilting. I usually quit my placemats on Baby Brother so I thought, let's give it a go. I'll just outline the cake and candles, put a few lines down the side fabric and wa-la:

Best laid plans. I sorta like it. Not exactly my vision and my quilting on Baby needs improvement or at least my basting so my fabric doesn't shift as much. As usual, a learning experience.


pattern credit: Lori Holt's Birthday Cake, download from the Fat Quarter Shop here
                    

I opted out of the bow. I have until the middle of July for the next birthday if I want to try again. 


on the long arm front: the new belt arrived...that wasn't the problem.

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a cute birthday placemat! I love the cake plate block and the present fabric, too. You quilted it just I would with my very limited skills! Fortunately, small items don't need a whole lot of quilting.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I really like that!!!
and I think its perfect!
oops - so not the belt? back to the drawing board?