Wednesday, June 1, 2022

WIP Wednesday 6.1.2022

First...Happy Birthday to DD! She turned 23 yesterday and has been here at Bell Creek Quilts for the last 4 days... I think it is just the change we both needed!

I did another 'sew the sewing room space' before she arrived. For Christmas 2021 I joined the QOV Working Stars Christmas exchange and one of the gifts I made was re-usable grocery bags. I also wanted to make a few for me but they sat in a pile on the counter. I think it's been about 6 months now!


I made a total of 4 bags from this collection of fabric plus I purchased a yard of limes to add this collection that didn't make the picture. I also sewed up a Santa bag as the guild is looking for ideas of Christmas sewing projects and they have requested that we bring previous Christmas items that were made to the next meeting.

Here is an action shot at the big box store where I sometimes shop. I still like to put any items that might sweat into plastic. Slowly but surely, I'm working into using my fabric grocery bags.


pattern credit: Shabby Chic re-usable grocery bag. It's a youtube video.

I also had a few yard visitors the other day. I've seen the adult sand cranes before but never the baby. SO CUTE!


Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

2 comments:

Preeti said...

Lime and tomatoes - a sweet and tangy combination, indeed! Hope the birthday was fun for both mom and daughter. I have never seen sand cranes and such well-behaved birds too. Fascinating!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are fun bags!!
and Happy Birthday to the Girl!!!!