Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day 5.30.2022

 


Remembering all who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that all in the USA may enjoy freedom!

My 'sew the sewing surface' continues....

I had a few leftover 1 inch strip sets leftover from the guild #heartofhope quilt border, so I made a few more pieces and sewed the remainder into little tiny cute blocks!

I also had a few leftover pieces from the hearts themselves. My first instinct was to just toss them in the scrap bin but then I thought, 'No. Just make a few more hearts to go with the squares I made.'


Since I had enough 'bottoms' for 8 hearts, I set about to make 'tops' for 8. This time I used grey for the accent piece. Why? It was on the 'sewing surface'...LOL I realized too late that I was going to turn half the heart tops upside down to add the corners but, it is what it is... I actually went into the blue scrap bin and found pieces that would 'work'. And I use the word, 'work' very loosely! 

Now the 16 patches and hearts are waiting inspiration!


pattern credit: Bonnie Hunter #heartsofhope pattern
                            no longer available on her website

No comments: