Wednesday, May 4, 2022

WIP Wednesday 5.4.2022

I finished sewing the Staggered set of the Shout Color Catcher foundation blocks. I did a small inner border and a wider stars border.


As I was looking at it, I felt the stars were overpowering the rest of the quilt. Instead of removing the stars totally, I simply sliced it so that it would end up as a 1 inch border then added another wider border of the background.


I thought this looked better. 

L👀K! I even pressed the seams open on the rows to help reduce bulk.



pattern credit: this was a random picture I had printed out and placed in the bin with 
                        the foundation blocks. If this is your design, PLEASE comment so I 
                        can give credit where credit is due!

May's color for the RSC2022 is sage/forest green. I dug into the green box and fabric cupboard and found a few fabrics I think will work. As usual, a few lights found their way into the pile.


My first order of business was to make a few crumb blocks.


Now that the crumb blocks are made, I can continue with my monthly blocks.

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

That's such a fun quilt! You sure are cranking them out these days. I need to get going and finish some of my WIPs!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This might be my favorite color catcher quilt yet! I like that change you made to the border, too.

Bonnie said...

I'd say all of your pics look fabulous but none of them are showing up on my computer... I'll try my iPad and see if it gets pictures. And, we'll see if this posts too!

Nancy said...

This is such a fun quilt, created in a way I've never seen. Love the "steps."

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh I like the Staggered - and I like the way you changed up the border!!!
The green looks good - and I like your new header!!!