Wednesday, May 18, 2022

WIP Wednesday 5.18.2022

I made more progress on the #heartsofhope quilt top. 


I decided I needed more length after I sewed all the rows together. So it was either increase the borders or add one or two rows of hearts. I picked...increase borders as I just didn't have enough variety in the fabrics to make it look ok/right. I then placed my border fabric I recently brought and oh no! it looked way too orange...

I went back to the store and settled on a white daisies with yellow centers and blue background. It is approximately 62 x 77 before quilting. Although daisy is not the 'flower of Ukraine', this border looks better. A happy border.


pattern credit: Bonnie Hunter #heartsofhope
                           no longer available on her site

I sent the package off to DD that has Ang's Star quilt, an early birthday gift and card (her birthday is May 31...she will be 23!) and Ang's Sharkie toy. Ang almost had the bull nose chewed off so I cut the remaining parts of the nose off and attempted to close the hole with some embroidery floss. I was having a hard time pulling the needle through the layers hence the forceps for leverage. Good thing I didn't become a surgeon because my stitches leave a lot to be desired! It should give DD a laugh even if she ends up not letting Ang play with Sharkie!

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Hearts for Ukraine is so pretty, Pat! I love the borders you added. Ang's shark definitely looks like he had a run in with a bigger shark, but at least he is fixed for now!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loooove it!!!

Judy S. said...

Such a beautiful and inspirational quilt! I've done surgery on the GK toys and even some clothing....so can relate.