Monday, May 9, 2022

Design Wall Monday 5.9.2022

DD requested a quilt last week. 

My prompts are: pink, teal and black, no borders so entirely pieced and a variety of 'things' on the back, twin size. Some 'things' are dog bones, ducks and sweet treats. Yes, you are right. It's a quilt to decorate Ang's new cage. Ang was getting anxious in the apartment now that the weather is a little warmer so DD brought her a cage. or as DD likes to call it, 'her house'! 

I don't have a lot of yardage of pink and teals...both have already been an RSC2022 color of the month...so I did same retail therapy. Here is the shopping haul...in the dryer!  LOL    I AM A PRE-WASHER...


I knew I wanted a block that was pretty straight forward because I will making a lot of them! I decided on my wonky meets floating star as those are pretty quick for me to make. Every day in the sewing room, my goal was to make 5 blocks at any one sitting. Here is a pretty good start about midweek.


When I got this far, I realized I didn't have enough background for all 35 blocks. I subbed in another black and was going put 4 in the corners to look like that was the plan. As I was putting fabrics away to tidy up for our Mother's Day party, I found just enough of the background tucked under a pile of pink. teals and yellow to have all the background match better. On Saturday, this is where I left off to get ready for Mother's Day.


pattern credit: wonky meets floating star block

This week's task will be to assemble, create a backing, quilt and bind. Sometimes when I piece a back with multiply fabrics, the back takes longer to create than the front...

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those stars are so great! I love the colors, too. Ang is one lucky grand-dog!

Sara said...

Pink and teal with black is a very pretty combination. This will be gorgeous!