Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Temperamental Tuesday 5.24.2022

In my effort to "sew the sewing room surfaces", I came across the leftovers from Ang's quilt back. I blogged about Ang's quilt here. 


Now they are neatly cut to 6.5 inches square and ready to go into ISPY quilts!


The temperamental part?

I've been running the long arm every day trying to catch up on the QOV's. I had 20 to quilt and quilted 10 but today, the long arm started to skip stitches after I put a new needle in. Checked the needle, checked the rear encoder, checked the top thread tension and even replace the red switch which controls the motor. It then started with inconsistent motor speed....guess it is time to put in a service request. I have a number of items I want to upgrade so I sent the request in. The Gammil service tech called almost immediately to 'see' if we can get her running until service but I failed. I couldn't even get the housing off to look at the belt. geez! I'm off the find my husband's allen wrenches and the video the tech was going to email. Just my luck, this happens when DH is out of town....and here I was complaining that the next QOV was going to take about 3 or 4 hours to quilt....   

Here's the part I need to remove to look at the belt. The belt was new May 2021. Wish me luck...I'm not real mechanically inclined!

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

You are really on a roll! So sorry the quilting machine is interupting your progress though. I love that square with the bunnies!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

On no!!! I am so sorry!! But wow!! what progress on your QOV quilts!!!