Sunday, June 26, 2022

Sunday Funday on a Saturday 6.26.2022

We headed to northern lower Michigan to my in-law's cottages in Grayling on Friday. Saturday was the Little Traverse Bay Quilt Guild Show in Harbor Springs, Michigan and about 30 minutes north through the scenic M118 (the Tunnel of the Trees) is located a fun Polish restaurant called Leg's Inn. I asked DH to be my driver to the show and restaurant and spend the day with me. Since his parents are at the cottage, his Mom came along with us. 

The show was held at a church in downtown Harbor Springs, it was a really nice venue. There were more quilts than I expected, the guild boutique area was larger and the vender space was what I expected. At the entrance was this statue of an alter boy with the quilt behind him. I thought it was cute. 


A few of the quilts in no particular order. I loved that a few of the members had made the same pattern yet put their own individual stamp on their quilt. My MIL stepped into the picture...I didn't share that she is now in the blog!

Here is a one block wonder but using different colorways of the same print.



Here is a gypsy wife quilt. I always thought this might be a potential way to use orphan blocks.


Can you tell I am drawn to the brights?! DH likes the muted tones of Civil War prints and 30's.

Look, Mama's Park!, I found done of your published patterns!


In the boutique, a chicken pincushion decided to follow me home.


We then headed north to Leg's Inn and a wonderful Polish lunch. It is located close to the shore of Lake Michigan. I'm just a little wind blown and DH looks awesome as usual!

No food pictures but we did walk to the overlook. It was a bit hazy but still pretty.





On our way back to the cottage, DH decided to take a few smaller back roads and a huge black bear ran across the road about 100 feet in front of us! No photo evidence...I was too stunned to see a black bear in the wild!

All is all, it was a fun day spent with DH and MIL. I am looking forward to more days like Saturday when DH retires in about 5-7 years.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

sounds like a fun trip! I especially like the cat quilt and your fun pin cushion.