Monday, June 6, 2022

Design Wall Monday 6.6.2022

There is not a whole lot happening here at Bell Creek Quilts. 

While I had my navy/bright blues out, I thought I would sew up a few crumb blocks to have in the 'parts' department'. As usual, a few lighter blues snuck into the mix. LOL


Since my tub of blues was open and available, I then took out the lighter shades of blue to make crumb blocks for the 'parts department'. As usual, a few darker blues snuck into the mix. If only my fabric would behave!


At this point, I realized my light blue crumbs really weren't crumbs at all. Most pieces were over 2.5 inches wide WITHOUT a lot of variety and WITH patterns. So, I made a few more of these very busy crumbs.


I pressed the larger pieces and then cut them into 2.5 inch strips. I was missing my Quilting Buddy in Wisconsin as she always wanted me to come over and use her AccuQuilt to cut my scraps down. I'm not sure if I will further cut the strips into squares or just leave them as random length strips. Time will tell...


4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love crumb blocks in any color, but your light blue ones are especially pretty! I don't have an Accuquilt cutter either, so all my cutting is done with the rotary cutter, too. I bet your 2,5 inch strips will be really useful!

Michelle said...

Pat, your blue RSC blocks are wonderful! And I’m totally loving the crumb blocks too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Looking good!!!

Deb said...

We do love crumbs. I too am deep into the blues. I am going to sew up some scraps tonight. Kind of like church , feels like an obligation but good for your soul when you do it. Stay safe and sew on .