Monday, January 29, 2024

Design Wall Monday 1.29.2024

 My design wall is still the same as last week Wednesday.

pattern: DNP #5 setting by Lisa Sutherland at QuiltJubliee.com

Why is that?

On Thursday my friend, Mary came over and she used DeeDee! It was an all day endeavour!


pattern: It's from Fabric Cafe, a 3 yard quilt but don't know the specifics.

On Friday, I loaded the QOV that I picked up in November 2023. I did take time to quilt it down on Sunday, instead of doing my share of the weekly house work.

But most exciting is that on Saturday, I joined Mary and Gerry on a mini shop hop! My QuiltingBuddy taught me well as I was a good shopper and brought something at each store.

Our first stop was Kean's in Mason, Michigan. This is a really cute store with all sorts of fun stuff! A quilt section, an old fashion candy country, a Hallmark store and handmade jewelry to name a few.




Our next stop was the quilt shop, Yards of Fabric in Mason, Michigan. That's Mary looking at the 3 yard quilt in the window while Gerry was already in the store!


Our quick lunch stop was Courthouse Pub in Mason, Michigan.


We then loaded back into Mary's SUV and headed to Country Stitches in East Lansing, Michigan. They are a Bernina dealer and Mary had a few questions about her machine.


Here's what I cam away withe from our shop hop. A couple of Villa Rosa patterns and some fabric!


It was a fun way to spend a Saturday but man, was I tired. LOL

Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.






2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Very pretty quilts! I share my quilting machine with my quilting buddy, too! Nice new acquisitions!

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a fun trip! My quilt group, what's left of it, got together yesterday for the first time since 2019, and it was a very nice afternoon. Best of all, we decided to meet once a month! Now I need to get busy and actually do some quilting!!