Monday, January 15, 2024

Design Wall Monday 1.15.2023

I've been watching the fun that the quilters have in January following Gail's Stay at Home Round Robin. This year, I am going to try to join in. 

While I was searching in the parts department for my 60 degree diamonds I made a few year ago, I ran across a few 16 patch stars. Since I didn't find the diamonds, I am going to use the 16 patch star as my center.


pattern: Debby Brown's Back to the  Garden

My friend Judy wanted a few signed and unsigned QOV Signature blocks for her quilt camp group next weekend. So I cut into the red, white and blue stash for strips. I'll cut a bit more red to even up the strip pile.


In a jiffy, I had a nice little pile for Judy.


pattern: strips cut at 3.0 inches then the strata is subcut into 8.o inch blocks.

I also was given a few more QOV's from the Casual Quilters to quilt. I loaded up the first and here it is under my needle...

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Have fun with the SAHRR!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your 16 patch star is a great beginning for the SAHRR! It will be fun to see what you do with it. I'm joining in, too!

Quilting Gail said...

I LOVE your 16 patch star!!! It will be a lot of fun to watch your quilt grow!! Thank you for joining in the SAHRR and linking up your block!

Delighted Hands said...

That block will make a great center for the SAHRR! The blocks for signing sure did happen quickly! Nice job!

JanineMarie said...

Great first block for the SAHRR. It will be fun to watch it grow.

piecefulwendy said...

You can't go wrong with a star for the center block, and yours is a beauty! Thanks for joining in with us this year!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your star block. I'll look forward to watching your quilt grow :)