Saturday, January 20, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 1.20.2023

Today is the third Saturday of January of the color dark/bright green. I have decided to make the stash buster block 2024 as part of my RSC2024. This year I am going to make the smaller block and start with 2.0 cut strips. I am concentrating on dark green this month and cut strips from the stash for this set of blocks. I am going to make the 25 patch blocks first then fill in the alternate block later after I decide on color placement.

Here are my strip sets:


 Here are my blocks:


pattern: Main block from the 2024 Stash Buster Challenge quilt

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday.



4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those look great - you're a very precise sewer, Pat! I often end up with wonky blocks when sewing with narrow strips. Do you have tips for getting blocks like those to come out square?

grammajudyb said...

I echo Diann. I have issues too. I think strips are better than sewing just squares though!I’ve been eyeing the Stash Buster quilt. I like the looks of it a lot!

Dorothy L. Wills said...

Nice blocks for using up some of those greens!

Delighted Hands said...

I like the sharp contrast with the green and light--very nice beginning!