Saturday, January 27, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 1.27.2024

Today is the fourth Saturday of January of the color dark/bright green. I'm concentrating on the dark green this month. As one of my monthly projects, I decided to try to make placemats for the local Meals on Wheels program. I thought this would also fit with Joyful Quilter's Table Scraps Challenge she has been hosting for the past few years.

Joyful Quilter's January theme is snowflakes and green! I have the perfect fabric! Green snowflakes paired with some leftovers greens...a few lights and darks, this time. LOL


pattern: no published pattern. I simply used what I had and adjusted to the size 
                        requirement for the local Meals on Wheels (12.5 x 15.5 inches)
quilting: I assembled as quilt as you go so no additional quilting

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday and 




8 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely placemats! That green snowflake fabric is so cheerful!

Judy S. said...

Green snowflakes! That's going to be a fun quilt.

Julierose said...

Oh they turned out so well; they will be used and just loved I am sure...Nice work!! Hugs, Julierose

Delighted Hands said...

What a good idea! I can't believe you found such a combo of green and snowflake fabric! lol

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is definitely the perfect green with snowflakes for your Table Scraps placemats! They're so refreshing and pretty, and will be loved!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Those placemats will brighten up the meals on wheels offerings. Well done finding snowflakes on green. Charming!

Julie in GA said...

I love making placemats for Meals on Wheels. They come together quickly and are very satisfying. Your green placemats are beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great GREEN placemats, Pat!! Imagine having just the right fabric for this month's challenge in your stash. I was not SEW lucky! Thank you for joining in the scrappy fun.