Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR) 1.23.2024

Yesterday the first prompt for Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) was released by Wendy at Peaceful Thoughts.   She decided on the signature block for this border. I usually don't make very many medallion type quilts. I'm never sure exactly 'what' or 'how' to decide on borders. Hopefully by joining in the SAHRR 2024, I'll expand my 'wheelhouse'.

By center block is a red, white and blue 16 patch star I found in the parts department and measures 16.5 inches square. I'm crossing my fingers that this was a good choice.


pattern: Debby Brown's Back to the Garden

Since my star is made up of 4.5 inch patches, I cut the main part of the signature block at 4.5 inch square and the sew/flip corners at 2.5 square inches. I did use a darker color for the main portion and light for the corners. So many options to sew this border!

Option 1:

Option 2:


Option 3:


Option 4:


Here is the design I settled on and it measures 24.5 square inches.


Sharing with Wendy at Peaceful Thoughts SAHRR First Border.

10 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I love the choices--you chose a great layout!

Vicki in MN said...

Those were all really neat layout options for the signature border. I love red, white and blue quilts.

piecefulwendy said...

You can't go wrong with a star for the center block! Love the added border, it really makes that center block sing! Thanks for sewing along with us!

Sara said...

Every single one of those options looked great. It would have been so hard to choose. Now I'm wishing I had reversed the light and dark in the signature blocks for mine.

Cathy said...

I don't make many medallion quilts for the same reason. It was fun to see all the different ways to add those signature blocks. And so far your block looks fabulous.

Judy S. said...

Love it! That quilt will be beautiful, just like the rest of yours are.

JanineMarie said...

What fun options! Did it take long to decide? I’m still snickering about your finding the block in the “parts department.” I’ll have to remember that phrase.

grammajudyb said...

I tried a couple of sizes of signature blocks. Yours looks fabulous.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

It's very interesting to see so many options. All of these look great :)

Kathleen said...

I love seeing all the choices and I love the one you chose!